Mira Optical Compressor
Look! Come and see the Mira's capabilities. In the Spanish language, Mira is a command that translates to look, see, and call attention to. With the Mira Optical Compressor, you’re creating and shaping a studio-grade timbre that demands to be seen, heard, and above all, felt. The Mira delivers warm, analog optical compression with mountains of sustain and a smooth attack and release that can be blended in to taste. Dynamically engage the senses with the Mira.
The Mira is a true bypass optical compressor offering studio-grade sound sculpting and sustain packed with controls you’d normally only find on studio units. Use the Blend knob to mix in your compressed sound with your clean tone to maintain note clarity while offering increased sustain. Mira also offers in-depth control over Attack, Release, Ratio, and a Make-Up knob to help maintain unity levels after your signal has been compressed. For higher headroom, Mira runs internally at ±15VDC.
Adding to the bonus features, Walrus decided to also provide a push-button High Pass Filter in the side-chain (the part of the circuit that controls the optical element in the compressor). This is great for preventing bass frequencies 120Hz or below from engaging the compressor as much as higher frequencies. The keen result of this keeps the compressor from overworking on lower notes and is great for bass guitar or keeping low-frequency dynamics dramatic for guitar players.
Look to the Mira as your new always-on pedal. Even at low settings, not only will you hear rich, full clarity in your notes, but you’ll feel the difference in its response too.
Response you can feel
Offering studio-grade compression creating timbre that demands to be seen, heard, and above all, felt.
• Studio-grade Optical Compressor
• Lots of sustain with smooth attack
• Extensive controls normally only found on studio units• Blend control allows user to mix dry and affected signal
• Make-Up control to maintain unity levels after signal has been compressed
• Runs internally at ±15VDC for higher headroom
• High Pass filter in the side-chain preventing bass frequencies 120Hz or below from engaging the compressor as much as high frequencies.
- The Mira comes coated in a smoky grey enclosure with Cream, Orange, Red, and Dark Blue ink with art by Adam Forster.
- The die-cast enclosure’s exact size is 4.77" x 2.6" x 2.28” including knobs.
- True bypass.
- Power requirements are 9VDC, center negative (200mA minimum). Runs internally at ±15VDC.
- The use of an isolated power supply is recommended for powering all Walrus Audio Pedals.
- Daisy chain power supplies are not recommended.
- Power supply not included.